As you probably have figured out by now, Art to the 5th is a collaborative group consisting of 5 artists, who happen to also be close friends! We are five individuals with different techniques and styles and we bring five completely different perspectives to you. Throughout the coming months, you will get to know a little bit about all of us, both individually and together and hopefully gain some insight into how this amazing collaboration was formed and what our mission is.
Today I want to tell you a few tiny facts about 1/5 of the group . . . me! The best way I can sum myself up is to tell you 11 things you may not know about me:
- My closest friends call me “Lo.”
- I love to laugh - I mean the real, deep down, lose your breath, tears streaming down your face, cheeks hurting, snorting through your nose, wet your pants, belly laughing!
- I am amused and fascinated by random, unpredictable things.
- I lived on a tiny, tropical island for almost 20 years.
- I used to have a weekly television craft segment on the morning news show.
- I am constantly sketching objects in my head throughout the day, so if I am talking to you, I am probably shading in your face in my mind!
- I am a sucker for a romantic comedy (although for some twisted reason, The Walking Dead seems to be my favorite TV show right now.)
- I am told I am a good listener.
- When I was younger, I wanted to go to New York and study fashion design (although my parents insisted the more practical idea was to get a business degree.) I did neither!
- I once built a house in 7 days (Habitat for Humanity Blitz Build with Jimmy Carter).
- My favorite candy is Mary Jane’s.
I hope these random facts give you a little more insight into my crazy world. Please check out my blog to see some of my work and get a peek into my creative side and please check out my friends and colleagues also!!!